Kent Anderson established his private practice in 1978. He has extensive experience in resolving Oregon State and Federal tax disputes, including tax-driven bankruptcy, offers in compromise, installment payment agreements, and administrative appeals. Kent is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. Tax Court, The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S Supreme Court.
Kent Anderson has a national reputation for taxation and bankruptcy expertise. He has lectured for lawyers, realtors, and tax professionals about Tax Liens, Tax Collection Defense, Mortgage Modifications, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, and other Debtor-Creditor matters. He has been a featured speaker at The IRS Nationwide Tax Forum, The Northwest Bankruptcy Institute, and The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA).
An active member of the NACBA’s lobbying program for many years, Kent was invited to speak at U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley’s Mortgage Foreclosure Solutions Summit. The Bankruptcy Law Network published Kent’s articles for many years, until Kent began publishing here.
A lifelong resident of Oregon, Kent enjoys hiking, traveling, and the arts. He served on the Board of Directors of Eugene Ballet Company from 1979 to 2007. Kent is an experienced cook and food lover; he enjoys making and eating gourmet meals. One of his personal goals is to eat at the world’s top-rated restaurants. He recently started posting his food adventures here.
- Tax Liens and Tax Collection Defense;
- Tax Controversy Matters;
- Audit Representation;
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy;
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy;
- Debtor-Creditor Matters;
- Probate, Conservatorships and Estates.
- United States Supreme Court 2008;
- United States Tax Court 1996;
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit 1979;
- Oregon Federal District Court Bar 1979;
- Oregon Supreme Court 1978;
- Oregon State Bar 1978.
- Oregon State Bar, Debtor-Creditor Section Executive Committee 1996-1998; and 1999-2001;
- Oregon State Bar, Tax Law Section;
- Roland Rodman Inn of Court;
- American Bar Association, Tax Section;
- American Bankruptcy Institute;
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys;
- National Association of Consumer Advocates;
- Bankruptcy Law Network;
- American Board of Certification Consumer Bankruptcy.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, OR, JD Law 1978;
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, BS Biology 1975.
Nicole has made use of her years of study in ancient languages and arcane ritual to decipher the tax code and solve problems for our tax clients. She began her career as a tax professional by taking and passing the IRS special enrollment examination. She then picked up her credential as a licensed tax consultant. Nicole assisted the Oregon State Board of Tax Practitioners update and write examination questions for both the Licensed Tax Consultant and Licensed Tax Preparer exams.
In her free time, Nicole likes to spend time in her garden where she tends more than 50 rose varieties. A second favorite pastime is foreign travel. Nicole has visited multiple countries in Asia and Europe. She is an avid photographer and several of her favorite photos are on display in the office.
- Enrolled Agent;
- Licensed Tax Consultant (Oregon).
- National Association of Enrolled Agents;
- National Society of Tax Professionals;
- Oregon Society of Enrolled Agents.
- UCLA BA Classical Civilizations 1993;
- University of Oregon MA Classical Civilizations 2001.
- Ancient Greek
- US Tax Code
Lynn began working for Kent Anderson Law Office, and its predecessors, in April of 1986 as a work-study student from Merritt-Davis Business College. She received a Legal Assistant diploma, and later earned certification as a bankruptcy assistant by the National Association of Bankruptcy Judicial Assistants.
This is the only job she has ever held, and we want to keep it that way. She has developed substantial expertise in bankruptcy law, and regularly attends NACBA seminars and workshops around the country to further hone her skills.Outside of the office, Lynn is blessed with two lovely children, Levi and Jillian. She was born and reared on a farm, and has not strayed far from that lifestyle as an adult. She takes pride in breeding top-notch show pigs, and enjoys traveling with her children as they compete in livestock shows around the state.
- Pleasant Hill High School;
- Merritt-Davis Business College.
- Legal Assistant Diploma;
- Certified Bankruptcy Assistant.
- NACBA Workshop, Chicago 2005;
- NABJA Bankruptcy Certification Training 2006;
- NACBA Workshop, Las Vegas 2007.
Suzanne Henderson spent the first twenty-nine years of her career working for the United States Government, the last twenty-three with infamous Internal Revenue Service. While studying accounting at the University of Oregon, she worked as a Tax Fraud Investigative Aide in the IRS Criminal Investigation Division. After Graduating, she made the transition to Special Agent with the Criminal Investigation Division. After she married, Suzanne moved to the Wage and Investment Division where she assisted taxpayers resolve their tax problems. Prior to retiring from the IRS, she spent three years as a collection officer for the Collections Division.
Suzanne enjoyed her time with the IRS, but feels her skills as a certified Enrolled Agent are better suited to helping clients of Kent Anderson Law Office resolve their tax issues. And we agree! With a positive, can-do attitude, energy and focus, Suzanne bring new meaning to the expression service with a smile.
Outside of the office, Suzanne likes to focus on her husband, James, and their two children, Hannah and Jonathan. Her interests include raising, training and riding her horses, reading, and traveling. In short, simply enjoying the simple life.
- Enrolled Agent
- Notary Public
- University of Oregon, Eugene, Oregon. BS Accounting;
- North Douglas High School.
Don was reared in a literary family; his father, mother, and step-mother were English teachers. Before earning a degree in Journalism, he worked in many fields, from Operating Engineer on oil-field supply boats in the Gulf of Mexico, to maintaining radio-positioning transmitters for offshore survey crews, to working as a waiter in a French Restaurant in Mandeville, LA.
He studied radio electronics in Louisiana, earning the (now meaningless) FCC Radiotelephone Operators License. He combines his interests in electronics with his communications background by training the office computers to behave nicely, and keeping the firm’s website updated.
- April 2015 – present; Marketing / Office Assistant; Kent Anderson Law Office, Eugene, OR;
- 2010 – 2011; Administrative Assistant, Concentric Sky, Eugene, OR;
- 2008; On-Call Employment Specialist, Lane County Youth Services, Eugene, OR;
- 2009; Eligibility Interviewer, Lane Workforce Partnership, Eugene, OR;
- 2008; Temporary Help Desk Technician, Oregon Medical Group, Eugene, OR;
- 2003 – 09; Customer Service Associate / Supervisor Call Center Service; Semperian, LLC, Eugene, OR;
- 2002; Commissioner’s Assistant; Lane County Board of Commissioners, Eugene, OR;
- 2002; Campaign Manager; Friends of Phil Barnhart, Eugene, OR;
- 2001 – 2002; Fundraising / Campaign Manager; Elect Sorenson, Eugene, OR;
- 1997 – 2002; Graduate Teaching Fellow, University of Oregon Department of Political Science, Eugene, OR;
- 1997; Dow Jones Copy Editor Intern, The Oregonian, Portland, OR;
- 1993 – 97; Clerk 2 (Technical Writer), Lane Community College Industrial Technology Deptartment, Eugene, OR;
- 1997; Editor, Flux Magazine; University of Oregon School of Journalism & Communication, Eugene, OR;
- Lane Community College, Eugene, OR; Web Design & Computer Programming, 2010 – 2012;
- University of Oregon Graduate School, Eugene, OR; Political Science, 1997 – 1999;
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR; BA Journalism & Political Science, 1997;
- Lane Community College, Eugene, OR; Associate of Arts, Oregon Transfer, 1995;
- RETS Training Center, Metairie LA; Certificate Electronics Engineering Technology, 1985