Kent Anderson established his private practice in 1978. He has extensive experience in resolving Oregon State and Federal tax disputes, including tax-driven bankruptcy, offers in compromise, installment payment agreements, and administrative appeals. Kent is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon, the U.S. Tax Court, The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and the U.S Supreme Court.
Kent Anderson has a national reputation for taxation and bankruptcy expertise. He has lectured for lawyers, realtors, and tax professionals about Tax Liens, Tax Collection Defense, Mortgage Modifications, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, and other Debtor-Creditor matters. He has been a featured speaker at The IRS Nationwide Tax Forum, The Northwest Bankruptcy Institute, and The National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA).
An active member of the NACBA’s lobbying program for many years, Kent was invited to speak at U.S. Senator Jeff Merkley’s Mortgage Foreclosure Solutions Summit. The Bankruptcy Law Network published Kent’s articles for many years, until Kent began publishing here.
A lifelong resident of Oregon, Kent enjoys hiking, traveling, and the arts. He served on the Board of Directors of Eugene Ballet Company from 1979 to 2007. Kent is an experienced cook and food lover; he enjoys making and eating gourmet meals. One of his personal goals is to eat at the world’s top-rated restaurants. He recently started posting his food adventures here.
- Tax Liens and Tax Collection Defense;
- Tax Controversy Matters;
- Audit Representation;
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy;
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy;
- Debtor-Creditor Matters;
- Probate, Conservatorships and Estates.
- United States Supreme Court 2008;
- United States Tax Court 1996;
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit 1979;
- Oregon Federal District Court Bar 1979;
- Oregon Supreme Court 1978;
- Oregon State Bar 1978.
- Oregon State Bar, Debtor-Creditor Section Executive Committee 1996-1998; and 1999-2001;
- Oregon State Bar, Tax Law Section;
- Roland Rodman Inn of Court;
- American Bar Association, Tax Section;
- American Bankruptcy Institute;
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys;
- National Association of Consumer Advocates;
- Bankruptcy Law Network;
- American Board of Certification Consumer Bankruptcy.
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, OR, JD Law 1978;
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, BS Biology 1975.
Jesse L. London
Jesse L. London began his legal career four years ago while bringing more than 20 years of experience in business and technology matters to his practice. As a professional consultant and entrepreneur, he advised clients in many industries to design best practice manufacturing and financial processes while implementing complex information systems. Wherever clients need help in the diverse range of practice from debtor-creditor litigation to intellectual property, he applies an energetic level of thorough analysis and problem solving to the table. Complex legal problems require more than simply problem solving; they require an understanding of the needs of the people and organizations struggling with those issues that Jesse makes a focus of every case.
Jesse enjoys food, travel, and playing soccer. He is an avid supporter of local and professional soccer teams in Oregon, volunteering for Portland Timbers 107 Independent Supporter’s Trust on the Finance Committee.
- Debtor-Creditor and Foreclosure Litigation
- Patent and Trademark Matters
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Civil Litigation
- New York Bar, 2012.
- Oregon State Bar, 2013.
- California Bar, 2013.
- USPTO – Patent Bar #72175, 2013.
- Oregon Federal District Court, 2013.
- North District of California, 2013.
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2014.
- 2013-Present; Special Prosecutor – City of Cottage Grove, Cottage Grove, OR
- 2012; Law Clerk, Judge Randall L. Dunn, United States Bankruptcy Court, D. of OR, Portland, OR
- 2011-2012; Law Clerk, Judge Arthur Weissbrodt, United States Bankruptcy Court, NDCA, San Jose, CA
- 2010-2011; Research Assistant, Professor Sherry F. Colb, Cornell Law School, Ithaca, NY
- 2010; District Attorney Intern, Durham County Office of the District Attorney, Durham, NC
- 2010; Patent Law Clerk; Olive and Olive, P.A., Durham, NC
Professional Organizations and Activities
- Lane County Bar Association, Debtor-Creditor Section Chair 2014-2015.
- District of Oregon, Pro Bono Panel, 2013-Present
- Ninth Circuit Pro Bono Program, 2014-Present
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, B.S., Information Decision Systems / French, Minor: Computer Science, 1996
- Cornell Law School, JD, 2011;
- Cornell Law School, L.L.M International Law, 2011.